Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday John!

John's 40th birthday was Sunday. Michael got a few of John's friends together at Woodberry Kitchen in Clipper Mill.

The Birthday Boy!


With Laura and Sarah


Laura's husband Charles, Michael, and me.


The service was off (a server spilled a kir royale and a glass of red wine on Laura...bad server. He was later seen relegated to cleaning the cappucino machine.), but the food was yummy. We started with some flatbread (the lamb sausage and chevre potato ones), deviled eggs, and the melting cheeses. For dinner Sarah had the ribeye, Charles had the hangar steak, and Laura had the squid and a salad. John and Michael each had the pork tenderloin here:


I had the cast-iron chicken. Yummm. And I never order chicken in a restaurant (upscale or otherwise), but I read good reviews about their chicken. Definitely well-deserved.


Laura got the Hispanic waiter to sing Happy Birthday to John in Spanish. She sang along with him. We all chimed in the " Dear John-nn" part. John and his birthday Strawberry Macaroon.


I had the flourless chocolate cake with cafe au lait ice cream and toasted pecans.


Michael had the chocolate tart with burnt orange ice cream.


Laura and John both had the strawberry macaroon. With strawberries, strawberry ice cream, and lemonade ice cream.


The Birthday version.


Laura also had the cappucino, served by none other than the server who spilled drinks on her and later cleaner of the cappucino machine. HA!! :) When the bill finally came, they comp'ed her cappucino and my decaf (because I sat across from her?). But John and Michael let the gay drama fly and insisted they comp more. Eventually the wine and kir royale were also comp'ed and there was information traded for dry cleaning. And I think they also got a pretty small tip...

It wouldn't be a gay b-day without some drama!

No comments: