Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nat's visit

Pictures from Nat's visit St. Patty's Day weekend.

The doggies and I met her at the Greenbelt metro station. Then we headed to dinner at Ra Sushi in Harbor East in Baltimore.



Friday was shopping day! We stopped by IKEA for breakfast then hit the ground running in Towson for marathon shopping. It was a gorgeous day outside. Top down in the convertible!


A quick trip back home to get changed for the gym. I made Nat crank throught some BodyJam and BodyStep. She was a champ! We definitely earned our dinner at Pazo. Calamari, croquettes, goat cheese dip, empanadas, beef tartare, and lamb two ways augmented by a carafe of sangria! My favorite hostess, Ingrid, stopped by to say "Hi" and she sent over some yummy proscuitto-wrapped apricots. She also says "hi" to Jimmy and Dan, who couldn't join us for dinner.


Saturday was a full day as well. We double-teamed the Panera getting coffee, juice, and bagels for the referee clinic, then met up with visiting scientist, Menno, for a trip to DC. Top down tour of DC. We make Menno take the windy spot in the back. His hair recovered. More greasy food at the Greene Turtle, then we toured the Spy Museum. After a pint at Fado's we headed to the Verizon Center for my first NBA game! Wizards over the Clippers in overtime.

Menno makes friends with American girls.


The view from the cheap seats.



Nat had to go home on Sunday. It felt like a short trip, but I guess we packed a lot in. She soldiered through yet another class and a half: BodyPump and more Jam then we headed to the food mecca that is Wegman's.

We did a bit of down time at home, relaxing the with doggies and letting Nat catch up on homework, then we headed out for one more greasy meal: Five Guys! Burgers and Fries! We hadn't checked the clock and after dinner, it was 90 minutes until Nat's flight from Reagan. No sweat. Got her there in plenty of time. Doggies and I cruised back home at a more relaxed speed then went straight to bed to recover from the weekend. Zzzzz...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I saw those same sushi plates at World Market... or the Japan Pavilion at Epcot. If I opened a sushi restaurant, I'd hand-make my own plates using the mud from behind the shop.