But the inside was weird. Maybe because it was a rental and had vinyl seats and not a lot of options. The push button start didn't even need the key in it to start since it worked off proximity, but I still needed to find the key in my purse after I left the car to lock it. And that was pretty hard to find in my big ole purse. I also do not like the center speedo. It doesn't have enough "stuff" especially without the km/h markings. And I don't like the radio panel in there. I can appreciate the skinner center column to give the driver and passenger more leg room, but it looks cheap to me.
Diagnosis: Loose motor mount and another mushrooming something or another. Oh, and my tires are pretty bald. I could get away with just changing out the back two...for $955.00. Um, not right now, let me check around.
So I found these tires on NAM. Four run-flats for $350 total. Sweet! I had to go to NJ for them, but it made for a nice road trip and I also got to pick up three cases of 3-buck Chuck from a NJ Trader Joes for $35/case. Sweet!!
I took the tires to get mounted. Hey! They all fit in the Mini!
Another $220 later, the Mini has new tires and they feel SMOOTH...
No comments:
Post a Comment