Monday, October 15, 2007

Hot Fuzz

It was a very eventful 24-hours. It's like I was Jack Bauer!

4:30 am (okay 4:45am including the snooze button): sneak out of the house to go to rowing practice.

7:30 am: return very, very wet from the icky conditions to shower and feed the dogs. Stay home and start some laundry and clean my room

10:00 am: head to Laurel to get butt stripes on LKY FIN.

12:30 pm: head to Baltimore Marathon race expo.

2:00 pm: go home and finally eat something. Pack clothes to last me the next 14 hours.

5:00 pm: head to gym and teach aerobics.

7:00 pm: shower and dress for the opera.

8:00 pm: La Forza del Destuno at the Lyric. Dan was my handsome date/escort. It was Dan's first opera! I was hoping if they served limoncello, he'd break out in an aria. Sadly, this was not to be. Miller & Scott (eyeing Dan's Burberry tie), and John & Michael also joined us.


11:30 pm: Time to head to the police station! I met Jimmy at the Wilkens Precinct. Still in opera garb, but managed to change my shoes and jewelry. He wasn't there when I arrived and I think I confused the officer at the door. But my referee parka had my name on it, so they kind of knew who I was. I changed into my detective outfit in the bathroom (with no lights). It was surprising clean, probably because no one uses a bathroom with no lights at midnight. Later, a very handsome officer in a crisp uniform and intelligent glasses came to greet me. JIMMY!! I filled out some paperwork and put my life in Jimmy's capable hands. Off we go!

We toured Jimmy's very large kingdom. "This is all mine..." Saw his favorite bar for crabs (the itchy kind), a cute bed and breakfast type place that's overrun with drugs and hookers. (in baltimore? who knew?) and also got some interesting calls. We were also kept entertained by the call about some girl trying to run over some guy with her car, having the situation diffused then hearing she was doing it again somewhere else...

There was the traffic stop for a broken headlight, the stop for flagged registration where I got to SLIDE THAT SH!T! We tried to find a tag marked with a HIT, but alas it was not to be, no matter how many times we cruised that McDonalds drive-thru.

I desperately needed food and caffeine and Jimmy warned me not to eat at said McDonalds. He recommended a 7-11 where I got a sandwich, chips, and coffee.

Chips and coffee aren't the only yummy things at the 7-11. Hot Fuzz!


Stay away from the nacho cheese...


We went on a couple calls for suspicious activity, and one where they had to keep someone busy until City cops came. Both were okay nap-times for me, but the lights from all the police cars and backup cars were really bright. Thank goodness I wore a hoodie. Zzzzz.

Next we got a call that there was a white guy in a black t-shirt and WHITE pants (who does that?) running around cutting out catalytic converters. It seemed like every car in the precinct was in the area. We drove around slowly, spotlight on, looking for the guy. All of a sudden Hot Fuzz sprung into action! Spied with one quick flash of his light, and we sped around the block and he leapt out of the car and into someone's yard! He jumped over a couple of fences and I heard some yelling. Got him!! Why a guy would run from a cop with his gun drawn, I don't know. But Jimmy leapt chased him down, punched him a couple times in the face and cuffed him! Yay!!!

When the coast was clear, I got out of the car to look at cars with missing catalytic converters. Jimmy's trained eye led us to check out a parking lot with some minibuses parked out front. Every one of them had their converters removed! I got to do some policework and jumped on the bumpers reading off the VINs. Sweeet.

Then there was the drunk guy on the street who kept poking Jimmy's boss in the head. That was funny. It didn't look real. More like something from SNL.

We tried to find some more excitement, but I was getting tired. Jimmy took me back to the station and I went home for a long 3-hour nap. I call him afterwards of course to see what I missed. Armed robbery?! Dang! Maybe next time...

Then the doggies and I went off to Philly for a regatta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your version of 24 started off slow, but picked up with the HOT FUZZ action. I'd pick you up for a second season!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

I had the time of my life with you and look forward to the next ride along. You did great police work and kept the night going.

Lots of love,
Hotfuzz